Asset Risk Consultants (UK) Limited
September 25, 2023
Asset Risk Consultants (UK) Limited is registered with the SEC as a non-resident investment adviser and, as such, we provide advisory services rather than brokerage services. Brokerage and investment advisory services and fees differ and it is important for you, our client, to understand the differences. Additionally, free and simple tools are available to research firms and financial professionals at Investor.gov/CRS, which also provides educational materials about broker- dealers, investment advisers, and investing. This document is a summary of the services and fees we offer to "retail" investors, which are natural persons who seek or receive services primarily for personal, family, or household purposes.
What investment services and advice can you provide me?
We offer the following investment advisory services to retail investors: Portfolio Management Services, in particular the selection and monitoring of discretionary investment managers. Detailed information regarding our services, fees and other disclosures can be found in our Form ADV Part 2A Brochure Items 4, 5, 8 and 16.
- Account Monitoring If you open an investment account with our firm, as part of our standard service we will monitor your investments on an ongoing basis.
- Investment Authority We may manage investment accounts on a discretionary basis whereby we will decide which investments to buy or sell for your account. You may limit our discretionary authority to non-discretionary (for example, limiting the types of securities that can be purchased or sold for your account) by providing our firm with your restrictions and guidelines in writing.
- Investment Offerings We provide advice on various types of investments. Our services are not limited to a specific type of investment or product.
- Account Minimums and Requirements We require a minimum account size of $ 5 million; however this minimum account size may be waived at our sole discretion.
What fees will I pay?
The following summarizes the principal fees and costs associated with engaging our firm for investment advisory services. For detailed information, refer to our Form ADV Part 2A Brochure.
- Asset Based Fees* - Payable quarterly in arrears. Since the fees we receive are asset-based (i.e. based on the value of your account), we have an incentive to increase your account value which creates a conflict especially for those accounts holding illiquid or hard-to-value assets;
In addition to our principal fee, there are other Examples of the most common fees and costs that may be applicable to our clients that include:
- Custodian fees;
- Account maintenance fees;
- Fees related to mutual funds and exchange-traded funds;
- Transaction charges when purchasing or selling securities; and
- Other product-level fees associated with your investments
- Hourly Based Fees* - may be charged upon agreement with a client depending upon the service provided
- Fixed Fees* - may be charged upon agreement with a client depending upon the service provided
- Direct Fees* - consulting fees, travel fees, hourly fees, initial audit investment fees and/or minimum fees may be charged upon agreement with a client depending upon the service(s) provided
*Please see ADV Part 2A Brochure Item 5 for a more complete discussion of these fees
You will pay fees and costs whether you make or lose money on your investments. Fees and costs will reduce any amount of money you make on your investments over time. Please make sure you understand what fees and costs you are paying.
When we act as your investment adviser, we have to act in your best interest and not put our interest ahead of yours.
At the same time, the way we make money creates some conflicts with your interests. You should understand and ask us about these conflicts because they can affect the investment advice we provide you. Here are some examples to help you understand what this means.
We do not make any money from our investment advisory services except as described above.
Refer to our Form ADV Part 2A Brochure to help you understand what conflicts exist.
Our financial professional(s) servicing your account(s) are compensated with salary based on their experience and expertise, not the value of client assets they service.
Do you or your financial professionals have legal or disciplinary history?
No, our firm and our financial professionals currently do not have any legal or disciplinary history to disclose.
Visit Investor.gov/CRS for a free and simple research tool.
You can find additional information about your investment advisory services and request a copy of the relationship summary at +44 1481 817742 or review Form ADV Part 2A Brochure.